If you are considering a new landscape design for your home or business, it is important to create one that is right for your unique needs and property. From a space to entertain guests to an area for growing a garden to building a communal space for employees; there are many considerations that must be considered. Have you considered the amount of shade you would like for your landscape design? As experts in landscape design for Minnetonka and the surrounding areas, we can help you answer these very questions and then design a landscape for your unique wants and needs. But first, we have a few suggestions to help you get the wheels turning on what you might want for your new landscape. And, when you’re ready to started, contact the landscape design professionals at Advanced Irrigation! We look forward to working with you.
First, when it comes to color, composition and design; start thinking of your landscape in terms of plants and flowers that will complement each other but don’t match exactly. Plan to have them planted in groups and not rows. Groups of flowers are easier to maintain, plus they are more interesting to look at rather than rigid straight rows. Also consider plants and flowers that are different heights. Plan to plant them together as well, and it will also make your garden and landscaping more interesting to look at.
Will you want to incorporate hardscaping into your landscape design? Retaining walls are some of the most functional types of hardscapes. They either separate garden rooms or areas, or they hold soil up across varying elevations of your home’s landscape. Patios are also great forms of hardscaping. They offer an open area for holding furniture and for relaxation. Patios are lovely hardscapes that can give you even more room to entertain guests or hold outdoor meetings. How about walkways? Our landscape design experts can help you choose where to place those as well.
Have you considered shade trees? Many lawns and landscapes are fully exposed to constant sun. If you wish to be part of and directly enjoy your property, perhaps in a hammock, sometime you just want to lay in the shade. Why not implement some shade trees into your landscape design? Advanced Irrigation can help you with all of your shade tree needs.
Do you want more information about landscape design for your Minnetonka home or business? Call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
Officially, the first day of summer is June 21st. But, there are a few essential summer landscaping tasks that should already be in motion. If not, your lawn and landscaping may not survive the hottest days of summer. As a professional landscaping company for Plymouth and the surrounding areas, we not only perform these essential tasks for area home owners and businesses, but we are experts in the field. That’s why, we’d like to provide you with the list of chores that should be regularly implemented for a healthy lawn; and, if you need assistance, contact our landscaping company. We can take care of these tasks for you; expertly and professionally.
Watering & Irrigation
Throughout the summer, the sun will be beating down on the lawn all day long. Without proper watering it can become dry and brown. That’s why it’s important to keep your lawn hydrated with consistent watering. And, you also need to water wisely. You can’t just stand outside with a hose or set up a stationary sprinkler. The watering must reach every part of your landscaping and be evenly distributed.
It is also important water your lawn in the morning. This allows the water to seep into the roots of the grass instead evaporating in the afternoon. It is also key to keep the roots hydrated, but you don’t want to overwater and flood the grass, making it a very delicate balance.
The best way to ensure this? A smart irrigation system! At Advanced Irrigation we provide a wide variety of irrigation services for local area commercial and residential clients. A smart irrigation system can even regulate the amount of water needed based on time of day, recent rain fall and more! Smart controllers equipped with an on site weather station, can operate in an automatic adjustment mode. The weather based watering schedules are calculated for each zone using the unique characteristics of each microclimate throughout the yard.
Weeds & Fertilizing
Since your landscape takes quite a beating during summer from foot traffic, the heat and more, it’s important to fertilize your lawn. Summer is also prime weed season and the presence of weeds can take valuable nutrients away from your grass or plants. Our landscaping company is dedicated to using the finest golf course quality fertilizer along with state-of-the-art broadleaf weed controls in our commercial and residential lawn fertilizer packages. We offer lawn fertilizer packages and weed control packages to residential and commercial customers.
And, these are just a few of the chores you should be regularly performing for your landscaping. Need assistance? Contact our landscaping company and we can take care of them for you! We can even install a new, smart irrigation system if you’d like!
For more information about our landscaping company in Plymouth, call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.
As a business or property owner, you understand the importance of a good first impression. But, something you may not realize is that your building’s landscaping and lawn is often what makes this first impression. As experts in commercial lawn care for Greenfield and the surrounding areas, we’d like to tell you more about the importance of proper commercial lawn care and the impact it can make on your business.
The overall image of your business is based on several factors that effectively leave an effect on clients and customers. One aspect that subtly impacts your brand value is the look of your property. The design of your landscape and its neatness and maintenance form a first impression on visitors. So, don’t take it lightly! Your commercial lawn says a lot about your creativity and organization.
The first thing that needs to be done is to hire the right commercial lawn care company that understands your needs and provides top notch service. At Advanced Irrigation we can not only design a landscape that looks great but provide maintenance to keep it looking lush and green. Here are a few more pointers and services that can truly benefit your commercial lawn and in turn, your brand:
- Keep it green in Greenfield. Make sure the plants are watered on a regular basis and in the correct method. This can keep the landscaping looking fresh and lively.
- Keep an eye on the overall health of the lawn, keeping the weeds away, pruning and trimming the plants and grasses, adding fertilizers and so on. The experts at Advanced Irrigation can handle this for you!
- A very important part of maintaining a property is keeping it tidy and mess-free. Remove trash, debris and other unsightly objects to keep it looking neat and well-maintained.
- Corrective pruning is one of the best ways to ensure beautiful flower beds. Our commercial lawn care company will go through your flower beds and prune the flowers that need it.
- Have a key element in the landscape design that stands out in order to make an impact on the visitors. A beautiful mulched island, an area to relax, flower beds or trees can make a big difference.
And, these are just some of things you can do to elevate your commercial landscape. If you would like more information on our commercial lawn care services in Greenfield, call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.
Earth Day is April 22nd and in its honor we would like to clear up some misconceptions about lawn irrigation systems and water usage. After all, here at Advanced Irrigation, we believe in doing everything we can to conserve water when we design, install and program every one of our irrigation systems. As experts in sprinkler system installation for Buffalo and the surrounding areas, we believe in helping Mother Nature and the environment through water conservation. This Earth Day, consider sprinkler system installation for your home or business as a way to save water and promote a healthier landscape. Ready to learn more? We would love to tell you more about our unique sprinkler system installation and a few of the things we do to ensure efficiency.
Protecting the environment is a community and group effort. Everyone has to pitch in to make sure our planet stays healthy. And, one of the best ways to keep your yard looking good while also doing your part this Earth Day is to have weather-based controllers included in your sprinkler system installation.
Gone are the days of over-watering and wasting water with a hose and sprinkler or sprayer propped up in one spot. This old, outdated way of watering the lawn is incredibly wasteful. But, with a sprinkler system installation from Advanced Irrigation, you get a weather-based controller. Weather-based irrigation controllers work by calculating something called evapotranspiration. This is the combination of the water that the ground evaporates and the water that plant materials transpires. The weather-based controllers calculate this in real time by monitoring a weather station 24/7. The on-site weather station monitors conditions like rainfall, the wind, humidity and solar radiation.
The weather-based controllers are programmed by using unique characteristics of each microclimate within your yard and landscaping: plant and soil type, slope, sun and shade exposure and precipitation rate. Based on these factors, the controller will automatically adjust the watering times and frequencies for each zone in your yard. No water goes to waste and every drop is used to help your lawn grow lush and green.
And, not only does water efficiency from a sprinkler system installation benefit the environment, it can also benefit your wallet! Using less water means money savings un the long run.
Are you ready to get some more information on weather-based controllers and sprinkler system installation in Buffalo and the surrounding areas? Call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675 or you can contact us to set up your Free Estimate.
About a week ago the ground was completely covered in snow from one of this year’s many snowstorms. But rest assured spring will soon be on its way. And, that means we here at Advanced Irrigation will be busier than ever. We offer a variety of lawn care services for Lakeville and the surrounding areas and would like to offer a few tips to help get your lawn care kicked off right.
- While a lawn irrigation system will help water your lawn and keep your grass looking great, there are several other lawn care services that will make sure your lawn stays looking great from the beginning of spring until next winter. First, make sure debris gets cleaned off of your grass. If stuff like buckets, toys and leaves are left on your lawn, it could cause dead spots or interfere with the effectiveness of your lawn irrigation system or other lawn care services you’ve employed.
- Next, apply grass seed and mulch. Look for areas of your yard where the grass looks like it is dead. Apply grass seed to those spots. Then take the time to mulch the bases of any trees, shrubs or flower beds. Mulch will help them to retain water and will help keep them warm when the nights turn chilly.
- About once a week, go outside and inspect your lawn irrigation system. Look for any potential problems and give us a call if you spot any. Of course, Advanced Irrigation can also come out to inspect and repair your system whenever you want.
- And, contrary to popular belief, mowing your grass shorter and more frequently does not always mean that your grass will not grow back as quickly. Mow your grass when it needs it and try to keep the grass blades at about 3 to 3 1/2 inches.
- Don’t forget to water the lawn! Usually the morning is the best time of day. If you water during the afternoon, too much of the water might evaporate. If you water overnight, it could lead to mold growth and other problems like that. If you don’t want to worry about it, a sprinkler system could be the answer! And, it just so happens lawn irrigation is one of the many lawn care services we provide.
- In terms of lawn care services, aeration is another important task because it leads to healthier and stronger grass.
And, these are just some important tasks to consider this spring! Are you interested in learning more about lawn care services in Lakeville? Call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675 or contact us and get a Free Estimate.