Spring has officially begun, which is hard to believe with all the snow on the ground in Minnetonka! You may be wondering when it will be time to start up your irrigation system again. Though we can’t give you an exact day when your lawn will be ready, we can give you an idea. Wait until there isn’t any frost in the ground anymore and you can shovel down at least 12 inches. When the weather is constantly warmer, it will be time to plan a visit from us!
Let a Professional Help
While you may think it’s just as easy to start up your irrigation system yourself, there are potential hazards in doing so. Let our experienced Minnetonka professionals help you with the process. We can help inspect your irrigation system to make sure it’s ready to go.
To perform a spring start-up there are steps to follow. Below is a brief overview of our procedure.
- Perform a visual inspection for any obvious signs of damage
- Reattach any aspect of the system that was detached during the fall
- Check that all the valves are open
- Connect the water source
- Carefully fill up the system with water
- Pressurize the system by sealing off all valves and the drain
- Check each station’s operation an analyze the overall functionality
- Make adjustments and repairs as necessary
We have an eye for potential hazards
We will be able to check your irrigation system for:
- Broken sprinkler heads
- Blocked sprinkler heads
- Clogged nozzles
- Broken valves
- Mixed spray zones
- Inappropriate nozzle/ spray patterns
- Improper water pressure
- and more!
Without a Minnetonka specialist looking at your irrigation system, you may run into problems. We will be able to answer any questions you have about maintaining your irrigation system over the year.
Let us help you do it right the first time, so when summer is here you’re system is in perfect shape. Contact us to schedule your spring start-up.