Even though it’s still really cold outside, spring will be here before you know it. As a company that specializes in sprinkler system installation in St Paul, we are often asked for tips on how to prepare grass, plants and other parts of landscaping for the spring. Here are a few recommendations.
- If you are thinking about calling us for sprinkler system installation for your yard, now is a great time to call us and learn more. We can put you on our schedule so we can get started on your sprinkler system installation project as soon as the ground starts to thaw and the outdoor temperatures start to warm up again.
- After most of the snow melts, it’s time to bring out your rake and start raking. Clean up debris, sticks and leaves off of your grass. Raking also helps to loosen the top of the soil, which encourages airflow that will help your grass grow again this spring.
- Apply grass seed and mulch. Look for areas of your yard where the grass looks like it is dead. Apply grass seed to those spots. Then take the time to mulch the bases of any trees, shrubs or flower beds. Mulch will help them to retain water and will help keep them warm when the nights turn chilly.
- Sprinkler system installation can help with keeping your yard properly watered, which is imperative if you want healthy grass, trees, shrubs and plants. Water too little and your plants will not grow properly. Water too much and your plants will not thrive either. Sprinkler systems take care of this watering issue by applying the proper amount of water to your grass and plants. That’s why you should consider calling us to learn more about sprinkler system installation!
- It’s time to start thinking about mowing your yard. While this is sometimes a dreaded task, properly mowing your lawn encourages grass to be thick and healthy when it grows in. Take some time to make sure your lawn mower is ready by sharpening the blades, changing the oil and checking to see if it needs new spark plugs or other parts. A bit of maintenance now can save you time, money and hassle in the future!
Are you interested in learning more about sprinkler system installation in St Paul? Call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675 or contact us and get a Free Estimate.