Lawn care is sometimes one of the most dreaded chores of the summer time. Homeowners spend hours a week mowing, pulling weeds, putting down fresh mulch and more. So we thought we would give you a few tips on how to make caring for your lawn easier. And when you need help with lawn care near Plymouth, you can call the experts here at Advanced Irrigation.
- If you see weeds starting to sprout up in your yard or in your garden, take a proactive approach and pull them as soon as possible. For tougher weeds or for areas where they are growing in abundance, you can use a weed killer or herbicide to help control them.
- Keep up with mowing your lawn too. Make sure you only mow to about 1/3 of the grass’ height. If you mow much lower, you risk damaging the grass or making it turn brown. Along the same lines, make sure your lawn mower’s blades are sharp too. Dull blades can cause a great deal of damage to your grass that can sometimes be difficult to fix.
- You should also keep up with mulching your garden too. Mulch can make it more difficult for weeds to grow. The type of mulch and amount that you need will generally depend on the type of plants and flowers that you grow.
- If parts of your yard and garden are in the shade, there are plenty of grasses and plants that will still thrive in those areas. Keep your entire yard looking nice by planting grass and flowers that will grow in those less than sunny areas.
- When you are designing or redesigning your landscape, you should have mowing borders installed between where the grass grows and where your garden begins. That way, you always know where to mow and you don’t run the risk of accidentally mowing over your beloved flowers and other plants.
- Consider having an irrigation system installed if you don’t already have one. This will eliminate the worry and stress of when and how much to water your lawn. Our irrigation systems have smart controllers and rain sensors that will take care of watering your lawn and garden for you. And that eliminates at least one lawn care chore for you!
Would you like to learn more about lawn care in Plymouth? Call Advanced Irrigation at 612-599-8675 or you can contact us to get a Free Estimate.