Yippie skippie! It’s time for vacation! During the summer, we hope you’re taking some time to get out of town and relax. You have a lot of things to remember when you’re on your way out the door. Make sure you packed sunscreen, snacks and an extra pair of socks. But, did you think about your sprinkler system? Though it may not seem like a fun task, it’s really not hard to prepare your lawn for your absence. For those living in the metro areas of Minneapolis, sprinkler systems can keep your lawn healthy, even if you’re on vacation.
One Week or Less
If you’re only escaping for a week, your lawn won’t even know you’re gone. If you have a lawn sprinkler system on a timer, just let it run normally. If you’re going to turn it off while you’re away, deeply water your lawn the day before you leave. Mow your grass on your normal setting that same day and all should be well.
Two or More Weeks
If you’re getting out of town for two weeks or more, first of all, celebrate. Next, there are a couple of steps you’re going to want to follow to prepare your lawn.
- Mow before you leave. Set your mower to one notch lower than normal and have at it.
- Water your lawn. Deeply water your lawn before you get out of town.
- Consider having someone mow the lawn in your absence, or it could get pretty long.
- If you have a sprinkler system, it is recommended that you continue to have it run on a timer for the duration of your trip.
- When you get back, raise your mower two notches before mowing.
Enjoy yourself and have fun on vacation. Your lawn sprinkler system should be the last of your worries. It will do its job, and you’ll come home to Minneapolis and to a beautifully green lawn.
In the Minneapolis area and don’t have a lawn sprinkler system yet? Call Advanced Irrigation today at 612-599-8675 or Request a Free Estimate.
Lawn sprinklers. You’ve got this, right? After all, how hard can it be? As your local to Anoka lawn sprinklers experts, we’re here to tell you that it’s harder than you think!
Do-it-yourself lawn sprinkler systems may seem like a permanent solution for your lawn hydration needs, but often they provide only a temporary fix. From planning out where the sprinklers are going to go to physically setting them up, there’s a lot to think about. And then there’s the necessary maintenance.
Forget all the nonsense and have Advanced Irrigation handle your lawn care needs.
As lawn sprinkler professionals, we take many things into consideration when designing a lawn irrigation system. We can completely tailor a system to your specifications. For those who don’t have a trained eye for landscaping, all grass may look the same. But, for us, there are many variations that would alter the design of the system. We take into consideration:
- Lawn shape
- Landscape layout
- Soil type
- Soil density
- Lawn damage
Water conversation comes in two forms. One way is using water sparingly and the other is to use it more carefully. According to the EPA, an irrigation system can waste up to 6,300 gallons of water per month. To help prevent this type of waste, a system can be programmed to engage certain times of the day. By decreasing the amount of water being utilized, you effectively reduce water waste. As your local to Anoka lawn sprinklers experts, we can also place the sprinklers at points around your yard that will target your plants and lawn most effectively. By targeting the aspects most in need of hydration, water can be conserved.
Hire Advanced Irrigation, your lawn sprinkler experts near Anoka, today by calling 612-599-8675 or Request a Free Estimate.
Those planning a new landscape design will find there are many things to consider. You want to choose a landscaping project that utilizes your property to the fullest extent. Getting creative and working with an excellent crew is sure to get you a great looking landscape. But, how do you sustain that landscape? It takes some TLC to keep it looking its best! For those living in the Twin Cities, like Minneapolis, Eden Prairie or Minnetonka, lawn sprinklers can help to keep the main focus of your landscape hydrated.
First, you’ll want to decide what type of landscape look you’re going for. If you want to create an outdoor living space, the work involved is different than what is necessary to spruce up an embankment. Once you’ve decided how you want to use the space, you can contact Advanced Irrigation as your local landscaping team. We can help you design and implement the landscape of your dreams. We can install unique lighting options to highlight main features of your new landscape.
A major part of your landscape is your lawn. It may not seem like the belle of the ball next to your brand new landscaping project, but it is one of the first the people will notice. They will drink in the whole scenery at once. Having a healthy lawn as part of your landscaping plan is crucial. As nearby Minnetonka lawn sprinkler experts, we can attest to the many benefits of lawn sprinklers. Not only will they keep your lawn green all through the growing seasons, but also give your landscape that well put together, professional look.
To install lawn sprinklers on your Minnetonka, Edina or other Twin Cities-area property, call us today at 612-599-8675 or Request a Free Estimate.
Anyone with a lawn knows how unsightly brown spots can be. Advanced Irrigation gets many calls from clients who wish to get rid of these unattractive blemishes, as brown spots attract the wrong kinds of attention from those who walk by lawns with them on it. No matter where you live in the Twin Cities, whether it’s Minneapolis, St Paul or Minnetonka, lawn care can help to eliminate brown spots from your lawn.
What causes brown spots?
Brown spots can be the result of any of the following:
- Pet urine/waste
- Dull mower blades
- Brown patch fungus
How can I get rid of brown spots on my lawn?
If you’re noticing small spots appearing in unexpected places, and you have a pet, it’s most likely the result of pet urine and waste. Dog waste can especially impact your lawn, as dog urine contains concentrated nitrogen, which can have detrimental impacts on a lawn. In order to get rid of these spots, create an area in your yard with mulch, pea gravel, etc. that your dog can use.
Brown spots that appear after mowing are often the result of dull lawnmower blades, which shred grass and damage the ends. The ends are left damaged, and cause the grass to die and turn brown. Sharpen your mower blades and see if the problem continues.
Are the spots only appearing in hot, wet weather? Then your lawn might be suffering from brown patch fungus. If this is the case, then give us a call at 612-599-8675 so we can treat your lawn on a regular basis, and help bring your lawn back to full health.
For those with broad brown spots, you may have overfed your lawn. We can help to alleviate the problem, so just give us a call or request a free estimate.
Not sure what’s causing brown spots on your lawn? Call us now at 612-599-8675.
Installing and maintaining a landscape is a lot of work. That’s why it is best left to the professionals! Here are some services a professional Twin Cities landscaping company like Advanced Irrigation can provide you with to help you landscape look beautiful.
1. Less time: Having a team of people install your landscape for you will save you a lot of time. Those trained in landscaping have an eye for what needs to be completed. Also, a couple sets of hands are better than one. Having a dedicated team working to maintain your landscape will ensure year-round beauty.
2. Expert results: Your landscape will have the edge in looking professionally managed. Your property will be the envy of the surrounding buildings with an expertly designed, installed and maintained landscape. A Twin Cities landscaping company like Advanced Irrigation can give you the results you desire.
3. Irrigation system: Lawn care plays a big part in the overall look of your landscape. If you have a property that is watered well, it will look better overall. We, at Advanced Irrigation, can provide you with an irrigation system that will help keep your lawn healthy. An irrigation system runs on a system of timers, so you will always have a perfectly watered lawn.
4. Regular grooming: Having your landscaping regularly pruned, groomed and weeded will create an exquisite look. Our professional Twin Cities landscaping team is available to perform routine grooming for your property. You won’t have to worry about constant maintenance of your landscape anymore.
5. Lighting: There are many landscaping lighting options available for those who wish to highlight features of their landscape. If you have a landscaping company in the Twin Cities install a beautiful landscape for you, then you should show it off! You can add lighting as a part of your landscaping design from the inception to accent parts of your landscape.
Call us today to get started with an experienced Twin Cities landscaping company. Our number is 612-599-8675 or you can Request a Free Estimate.